Wien, 14 November 2018 – Johannes Peterseil, Umweltbundesamt GmbH, Austria
Within the “Growth in Transition“ conference, the B.A.U.M network organised a workshop dealing with the question “Future without Nature“ addressing the topics of biodiversity, ecosystem services and information needs in order to address the subject. Contributions from different sectors ranging from research to companies provided the input to a panel discussion focusing on the question on how in the future natural areas and ecosystem services can be maintained.
The B.A.U.M network is a co-operation of NGOs and companies implementing sustainable development targets in the daily operation. The contributions to the workshop were made by:
- Kerstin Friesenbichler (NGO, Umweltdachverband)
- Gertrud Haidvogl (Research, University of Life Sciences, Hydrobiology)
- Bernhard Kohler (NGO, WWF)
- Gerald Plattner (Company, Austrian State Forest (ÖbF))
- Johannes Peterseil (Research, Umweltbundesamt GmbH respresenting ECOPOTENTIAL)
Within the workshop, it was possible to give an overview on the goals and achievements of ECOPOTENTIAL with regard to provide a better basis for further management decisions in protected areas and beyond.