29 – 31 May 2018, Ostend, Belgium
The European Space Agency (ESA) in cooperation with the Belgian Science Policy Office (BELSPO) have organised the second Proba-V Symposium, which will take place in Ostend, Belgium, from 29 to 31 May 2018.
The Proba-V mission was launched in May 2013 to ensure continuation of the SPOT-VGT 15 years global vegetation time series, bridging the gap to Sentinel-3 for land applications. After more than 4 years of successful operations, while fulfilling all mission core objectives, Proba-V is consolidating its role as key data provider to the Copernicus Global Land Service and as valuable complement to Sentinel-2 and Sentinel-3 suite of optical sensors. The symposium will promote the scientific and operational exploitation of Proba-V data and is open to Proba-V users, scientists, students, representatives from national, European and international agencies, operational end-users and value adding industries.
The Proba-V Symposium intends to address the following objectives:
- Provide an overview on current mission status, data quality and Cal/Val results
- Gather the Proba-V scientific and user community and foster collaboration
- Encourage international collaborations on land, water and cryosphere applications
- Reinforce Proba-V’s role as complement to Sentinel-2 and Sentinel-3 missions
- Discuss data harmonization and synergy across sensors/missions
- Provide a forum to report results of on-going science activities using Proba-V data
- Promote the use of Proba-V data for downstream operational services
- Consult the user community to formulate recommendations for products improvements
You are kindly invited to submit your abstract/s by 16 November 2017. Papers will be selected by the Scientific Committee on the basis of their scientific content and relevance to the themes of the workshop.
Authors will be notified of the decision and the type of presentation (oral or poster) by 1 February 2018.
Registration opens: February 2018
Deadline registration: 29 April 2018